Monday, June 9, 2008

Cool Kids Campaign

Today, I was extremely fortunate to be a part of the Cool Kids Campaign ... http://www.bfpf.org/cool-kids-campaign/index.shtml ... at Hillendale Country Club ... http://www.hillendalecc.com/ . I took a day of vacation from my day job to support a great cause. I'm so glad that I did!

Thru-out the sweltering heat, I shadowed an awesome photographer , Rich Dennison ... http://www.richdennisonphoto.com/ . This guy is really good! He mentored me on the cause , introduced me to the founders and detailed the coverage he provides. I could not have asked to be paired up with a better person. Rich is passionate, fun and patient. I really enjoyed watching him work and appreciated all of his advice. I look forward to working with him and the Cool Kids Campaign in the future.

The charity world is a new venture for me, so the appropriate etiquette for coverage was unknown territory. I found myself observing more than shooting. For whatever reason, the shy side of me takes over until I'm comfortable in the element. This experience was a valuable one.

A number of local celebrities were a part of the event. It was great to see that level of support. No egos. No attitudes. Real people...supporting a worthy initiative. Having a child, I can't fathom anything ever happening to her. To hear the stories and see the faces of those impacted by cancer made me realize how fortunate Sara and I are to have a healthy child. For those that don't...they need every ounce of support that people are willing to spare.

I managed to muster a little courage and snap off a few rounds. Take a look...










1 comment:

Sara said...

Good cause. I'm proud of you.