Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Banks Fall Over, Art Triumphs"

Unlike the sign of the times, an art auction at Sotheby's raked in $135 Million.  That is freaking unbelievable.  It's amazing to think that there are people out there with so much disposable cash.  It also floors me to see the actual prices for the artwork.

Don't get me wrong...as an artist, this is a great thing and on a side note,  I'm always accepting donations.  But how much is too much?

This seems beyond overboard.  Craziness.  OK...maybe I'm just secretly jealous.

Here's the story:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2008/sep/16/damienhirst.art

2 comments:

Sara said...

I can appreciate good art...but that stuff is ugly. (Sorry) Why don't you frame one of my stink shoes and see how much we can get for it?

john said...

Shazzam! Great idea. We may be able to retire.