Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grind'm if you've Got'm

Apparently I’m back at it again…grinding the ole choppers as I snooze away. Technically it's referred to as bruxism. Poor Sara. She must truly love me to put up with that kind of racket. Somehow, possibly with some reservation, I think she’d prefer me to be farting in bed – which of course, I rarely do :)

This isn’t new for me. On a side note, neither is the farting. I’ve been grinding my teeth since I was kid. In fact, for several years I wore an acrylic mouth guard in an attempt to save the wear and tear on my teeth. That got old fast. Honestly…having to brush the thing to keep it clean (like another set of teeth) was a pain in the arse. Eventually I stopped using it, opting to take my chances widdling my teeth away over the years. I’m such a rebel. Potentially a toothless one...but a rebel nonetheless.

I’ve always been hopeful that this is something I would outgrow. For the most part, I think I have. But…these have been stressful times. The body is an amazing thing and periodically needs to decompress…with or without help. Apparently this is my outlet. Guess it’s better than tachycardia :)

Another Black Bushmills please….

3 comments:

Rucknrun said...

I had a roommate in college that was a teeth grinder. Poor Sara. He used to wake me up all the time. It sounded like nails down a chalkboard.

Sara said...

Yes, poor Sara...

john said...

Hey now. I've gotten better haven't I? Ok...maybe not. Gone from grinding to snorting cuz of thing damn cold! No rest for the weary.